DURHAM, N.C. - A judge said Monday he would order Durham County District Attorney Mike Nifong to leave his duties immediately after he was disbarred for his misconduct in the Duke University rape case.
The veteran prosecutor had announced earlier in the day he would leave July 13. But that wasn't soon enough for Superior Court Judge Orlando Hudson, who decided late Monday to suspend Nifong from office.
As part of the suspension, Hudson said he would order the sheriff on Tuesday to prevent Nifong from carrying out any duties of the district attorney.
"I have thought about the situation, and this is way I wish to proceed," said Hudson who initially agreed to allow …

Комментариев нет:
Отправить комментарий